Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Thanksgiving

So we thought we would write a personal blog about our CRAZY, FUN, and Overtiring family J

My name is Rebecca. I am in my late 20’s. I have been married to my best friend, Kevin for over 7 years. Together we have 3 children, Malachi (6), Jeremiah, and Emmalyn (8 months).

Fun facts about me:
               I was 20 when I got married… no I was not ‘knocked up’ I was head over hills for Kevin and could not wait any longer to say, ‘I do’ J
               I am an extreme extrovert!! When I stayed at home with my son for 2 years I found every excuse to get out of the house just so that I could be around people, besides my little one.
               I see the glass half full. Always have and always will.
               I have never dyed my hair and I don’t have tattoos nor do I desire to have one, but I have always wanted a nose ring. Maybe one day I will get one.
               I drive a minivan and I love it!! Best thing ever!!
               I love the mountains and the beach!
               Oh and most importantly I love FOOD!!! But you would never know it by just looking at me J

Malachi is 6 and is in K5. He is not married ;-) but has many girls who want to marry him!! However, he says he loves his sister and wants to marry her when they get older…. TRUST ME we are working on this miss-communication about marriage!!
               Malachi is a wild man! He is full of energy and has no clue when to stop.
               Malachi loves tempera tattoos. When he was potty training you could easily find around 5 on him because they were of course a better reward than stickers. I foresee in the future when he is out of the house getting one or possible many.
               Malachi loves to be the Superhero. He owns over 8 Superhero customs and he wears one daily!
               Malachi loves the beach and the mountains!! He is always asking to go to grandpas with the white hair house to go play in the snow… code for my grandpa and grandma’s house which is located along the Blue Ridge Mountains in NC.
               Malachi loves his cousin Madeline. I honestly think she is his best friend!!

Emmalyn is 8 months… soon to be 9 months. She is the most beautiful baby girl I have ever seen! She is our rainbow.
               Emmalyn has the sweetest personality!! She is always smiling and easily attracts anyone and everyone in the room to her!!
               Emmalyn can crawl, stand up on her own, hold her bottle (when she really wants’ to), and she talks all the time!! I am working on getting her to say; ‘mommy’, but SHHH don’t tell Kevin ;-) Recently, she has started using the ‘all done’ sign… I cannot tell you how happy I was when she did it twice in one day.
               Emmalyn loves all animals. We have a cat, dog, and rabbit. She gets so excited to see them. Her favorite is the rabbit, but that could be because the rabbit can’t run from her due to him being in a cage. She visits the rabbit at least twice a day and brings him toys such as the cat toys and Malachi’s car’s.
               Emmalyn’s favorite toy is a boy precious moment doll that sings, ‘Now I lay me down to sleep’… which is quiet fitting for our family.
              
Kevin is in his early 30’s. He is a very handsome man and I am one lucky lady to have married him J
               Kevin has a nice little white triangle on the right side of his head and his beard is beginning to have white hairs too. I predict him looking like the actor Richard Gear as he gets older.
               Kevin has always wanted a big family and is already asking when we will have another child… crazy right; Emmalyn is only 8 months old… maybe adoption?
               Even though he will not tell you nor will he admit it Kevin is born to be a leader. He is full of knowledge and wisdom.
               Kevin sees the glass half empty. He is always looking for ways to make the glass half full.
               Kevin has 2 tattoos, both reflect toward God. Unless he takes his shirt off you would never know they are there.
               Kevin has always wanted dreadlocks. He attempted to grow his hair out when were dating but due to jobs he has had to leave the thought of having them.
               Oh and one more fun fact, Kevin was a lifeguard when he was in his early 20’s…. let’s just say every girl wanted to be at the pool when he was on duty ;-)

Fun facts about our family as a whole…
               We are very adventurous… Together we love to rock climb. We are willing and have quiet our jobs to follow the Lord overseas. As a family we have been overseas for 2 vision trips, but separately we have been overseas 8+ times. We love fishing, hiking, camping, and whatever else!
               All of us love food and will eat anything. We are not picky eaters (however there are times Malachi will challenge that statement). We find that the food we love the most is not American.  
               For the most part we are not afraid of anything, but at the same time we have faced some of our worst fears.
               We are constantly sending balloons to Jeremiah. Some have messages placed inside them. We no longer have to encourage Malachi to send balloons to his brother; he freely sends the balloons to him… For Malachi’s recent birthday I bought 16 balloons… 11 of those went to Jeremiah per Malachi’s request.  
               As a whole we love the Lord! It would be really odd if there was a day we did not talk or sing about Jesus. Malachi keeps us on our toes on how Bible stories are shared to him or children in general (ie ‘Fisher of Men’ does not mean Jesus ate men!!!.... YES, this was a recent topic in our home a few months ago).

Fun facts about our home…
               You will always find at least 2 loads of clean laundry unfolded and a large pile of dirty laundry in the corner of our bedroom.
               There will always be dishes in the sink no matter how hard I try.
               There are always toys in our yard… yes we are that family.
               There is not a tree or a bush my son has not peed on!
               There is baby snack food all over the floor from where my daughter has oh so excitingly thrown them.
               Oh and our couch is a scratching post for our cat, which drives all of us crazy.
              
Now that you have made it this far, if you have made it this far, you will find there is really no point to this blog other than to show you what a normal yet unique family we are. There is not a thing I would change! In the spirit of Thanksgiving I can honestly say I am thankful for everything listed above J

Happy Early Thanksgiving!

 

2 comments:

  1. I love that you stared a blog!! Since I don't see you much this is a great way to keep in touch with the Woolsey's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) You make me SMILE Pauline!! Miss seeing you 4 times a week!!!

      Delete